About the Authors
Steve and Mary Prokopchak have been married for more than 40 years. Mary is a registered nurse and works with Steve in premarital counseling. Steve has a Master of Human Services degree and is a member of the Apostolic Council of DOVE Christian Fellowship International. The Prokopchaks have three adult children.
Steve Prokopchak regularly shares additional wisdom about faith, marriage, life, finances, kids and so much more via his personal blog. Get a peek at the six most recent entries here, or CLICK HERE to visit the full blog.
- “There are two great days in a person’s life – the day we are born and the day we discover why.” — William Barclay It has been the goal of this thirty ... Continue »
- A Thirty Day Devotional adapted from the NEW book: Identity: The Distinctiveness of You – Day 30 My children will stand firm in their faith. Isaiah 7:9 My children will ... Continue »
- A Thirty Day Devotional adapted from the NEW book: Identity: The Distinctiveness of You – Day 29 We have been justified by His blood. Romans 5:9 We have redemption through His ... Continue »
- A Thirty Day Devotional adapted from the NEW book: Identity: The Distinctiveness of You – Day 28 See how very much our Father loves us, for he calls us his ... Continue »
- A Thirty Day Devotional adapted from the NEW book: Identity: The Distinctiveness of You – Day 27 I am more than a conqueror. Romans 8:37 I have been given fullness in ... Continue »
- A Thirty Day Devotional adapted from the NEW book: Identity: The Distinctiveness of You – Day 26 I am seated with Christ in heavenly realms. Ephesians 2:6 I am loved ... Continue »
Who I Am In Christ
Provoke biblical change from the inside out. Dozens of scriptures describe who you are in Christ with space provided to make a personal commitment. A handy tool that tucks right in a Bible for repeated reference.
Praying for My Spouse
Dozens of scriptures to help you pray for your wife or husband. Pray them daily and see God work in his or her life! This handy tool tucks right in a Bible for repeated reference.
Praying for My Children
Dozens of scriptures to help you pray for your children. Pray them daily and see God work in his or her life! This handy tool tucks right in a Bible for repeated reference.
Thinking Right in a World that Thinks Wrong
Did you ever stop to analyze the process of change; the when, the why, the how? Change is lifelong. There does not seem to be a beginning point or ending. Change is an ongoing process.If you desire to cling to your past, this booklet is not for you. If you want to change and move on in your Christian walk, then carefully work through this booklet as it analyzes and gives applicable scriptures with helpful illustrations about this process of change.
Be Angry And Sin Not
Do you make excuses for your anger? Have you ever made excuses for the anger of another? Or, perhaps you’ve been affected by an angry person in your life. If so, you’ll identify with Rob’s story in Be Angry and Sin Not. Rob and his family experienced anger first-hand and its devastating effects. If you struggle with anger, this booklet will give you Biblical insight into how to make changes or help someone else.
Recognizing Emotional Dependency
Do you have a difficult time relating to those who spiritually, emotionally and physically drain you? Do you personally find yourself attracted to relationships which you believe will satisfy your emotional needs? This booklet identifies and deals with emotionally dependent relationships. It defines and identifies emotional dependency, giving examples from people’s lives. Solutions and assignments help to further reveal how a person may be free of dependent relationships.
As Christian leaders, we are called upon to counsel. For too long, we have been reminded of our limitations. But what about the potential? II Corinthians 3:5,6 tells us, “Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God. He has made us competent as ministers…” Be an effective people helper.
In Pursuit of Obedience
Have you ever felt overwhelmed by the tremendous self-discipline it takes to do what is outlined in scripture? Does God set limits for us because He desires to control us or because He loves us? God’s love for us must be the foundation upon which we build our emotional, physical and spiritual health. Yet, how do we obey God when the limit is uncomfortable for us? Learn how God sets “love boundaries” for our lives.
Battle Cry for Your Marriage
With raw honesty four couples tackle issues of spiritual, emotional and sexual intimacy along with many other marital stresses. The authors reveal marriage lessons learned through years of experience and from counseling others. Join the battle cry for healthy marriages in this generation.
The Value of a Sabbatical
Are you feeling exhausted in your workplace? Overextended? Unmotivated? A sabbatical may be the solution. Within the pages of this book, you will learn the ins and outs of a sabbatical—a period of rest, renewal and re-firing.
The Biblical Role of Elders in Today’s Church
Discover how every member of the body of Christ is affected and empowered for ministry when elders give healthy oversight to the church. This biblical model communicates the family character of the church as teams of servant-leaders equip, protect and love the local church.